Exposed Ultimate. Ric’s unsigned and originals band competition returns with a difference!

Rics Exposed Ultimate unsigned and originals band competition

Ric’s unsigned and originals band competition, Exposed, is returning for a special edition titled, Exposed Ultimate. For the first time Exposed is opening entries to not just bands with 3 or more members, but also solos and duo acts as well. Established in 2009 due to an overwhelming abundance of talent presenting themselves to Ric’s for a performance spot on its infamous stage. Exposed gives unsigned acts a chance to “Expose” their talent and original music in front of industry experts and music lovers of all kinds.

The Brisbane music industry has seen a huge explosion of creative output and artist exposure over the past few years, such as Violent Soho, The Jungle Giants, Dead Letter Circus, and Ball Park Music making a name for themselves both home and away. Exposed #6 saw bands including Youth Allowance, The Keepaways, Baskervillain, Rabbit and numerous others not only battling it out for the title Ric’s Exposed #6,  but who have since gone on to really build a name for themselves as some of Brisbane’s most wanted and talked about acts to keep an eye out for.

With Exposed Ultimate, comes a few changes to the competition, including how the voting for each heat is done. Previously it was split down the middle with 50 percent being based on Judges voting and the other 50 percent based on patron voting. However for this special edition of the competition voting will be based on 60 percent judges votes and the remaining 40 percent on patrons. Also after the hugely successful Exposed #6 challenge of having bands in the grand final performing their bands take on a cover of “Somewhere over the Rainbow”, Exposed Ultimate will see that challenge taking place once more with a whole new song.

“Exposed is about giving bands the opportunity showcase their own style and sound, but there’s a lot to say about a about a band that can take up the challenge of performing someone else’s song and their ability to make it completely their own without sacrificing who they are as a band,” says Ric’s Bar booker and Exposed organiser Chad St. James.

Spanning 13 weeks with its first heat kicking of on September 7, Exposed Ultimate is expected to produce something quite special, while at the same time further cementing the fact that Queensland is at the forefront of producing some of Australia’s best in the live music scene. Industry guest judges will be scouting for the bands who’ve got it all and in support, there are some pretty cool prizes to be won that includes a $1000 cheque provided by Captain Morgan, a guitar by Coopers, a gift voucher by West End Music, as well as an editorial and advertising package by The Music.

So if you’re an unsigned and original solo, duo or band then email exposed@ricsbar.com.au

Previous entrants can apply!!!

Exposed Ultimate is sponsored by Captain Morgan, Coopers, West End Music, The Music,  and The Goldilocks Zone on 4ZZZ/ Zed Digital.

I once killed my neighbour's cat...
Madonna and Lady Gaga Madonna and Lady Gaga face off over headliner slot at Berlin Wall anniversary

Comments

comments

Author: Special K

The rants of a somewhat fictional character.

Share This Post On

Leave a Reply

Pin It on Pinterest

Shares